Emergency Medicine - 2022 Vacancies
Various Hours (Up to full time)
(Non-Trainees welcome to apply)
Joondalup Health Campus, (JHC) is a 722-bed facility owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Located in Perth’s rapidly expanding northern suburbs, the Emergency Department at Joondalup Health Campus provides high quality health care in a busy ED seeing around 100,000 patients/year, with a wide range of presentations, including 25-30% of Paediatric presentations.
Enjoy a dynamic team culture, easy access to consultants and hands-on procedural experience across the complete emergency medicine case mix, including paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology and trauma.
For more information, please visit www.joondaluphealthcampus.com.au
JHC is looking to employ Registrars minimum PGY3 + (base salary range before allowances: $105,456 - $151,479 dependent on years of service).
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values.
- Innovative thinking and strong leadership skills.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills and ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Current AHPRA registration or eligibility.
What we offer:
- Supportive consultant guidance with multiple FACEM presence in ED for 16 hours per day.
- Active education programs with up to five hours of protected teaching time per week, including ED registrar CME and WBA sessions.
- Access to a number of EMC/EMD supervisors.
- Comprehensive Primary and Fellowship teaching programs.
- Additional teaching modalities:
- Simulation scenarios
- Clinical skills teaching
- Procedural skills lab
- Point of care ultrasound education with ASUM credentialed supervisors for CCPU candidates.
- Commitment to the ACEM curriculum and WBA.
- 24 months of ACEM-accredited advanced training (urban district) and paediatric log book.
- Non-ED terms for advanced trainees including Anaesthetics & ICU.
Ramsay Health Care JHC employees have access to some great benefits including:
- Onsite free parking
- Onsite child care
- Employee benefits/discounts
- Flexible work arrangement
- Professional development opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- A minimum of 2 years medical workforce experience in Australia, New Zealand or Competent pathway.
- Proven highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate clinical and procedural experience commensurate with clinical responsibilities of a Resident Medical Officer.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a record of professional behavior.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infection control.
- Participation in undergraduate and postgraduate medical teaching of junior medical staff, nursing staff and medical students.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in Emergency including clinical decision making and flow management.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of patient outcomes and patient experience.
- Demonstration of continued professional development specifically ALS, EMST, APLS courses.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position of JHC Emergency Registrar, applicants must provide the following documents as part of their application for appointment to the recruitment pool:
- Detailed curriculum vitae (of no more than four A4 pages) including the names and contact details of two referees. Your CV must provide a summary of your experience in the context of the advertised vacancy.
- A written statement addressing Essential Selection Criteria at a minimum.
Email the above documents to the below:
Tamara Deering ED Administration Supervisor at [email protected] / enquiries: (08) 9400 9091
Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 December 2021 at 5.00pm