We are seeking applications commencing February 2022 for suitably qualified and committed full time and part time positions. ACEM trainees; GP trainees seeking Advanced Specialist Training/Advanced Rural skill Training and non-vocational trainees.
This is for a Recruitment Pool for Fixed Term Full Time or Fixed Term Part Time appointment for 1 year, with the possibility of extensions(s).
This is an excellent opportunity to experience a wide variety of presentations in a regional setting. As an ED registrar you will get unrivalled exposure to real Emergency Medicine including procedures, within a fully supervised department. If you believe “variety is the spice of life” Bunbury could be the place for you!
Bunbury Health Campus provides the opportunity for the following:
• ACEM Provisional training and twelve months of Advanced ED training time - accredited for 10 trainees
• ACEM paediatric logbook training
• Accredited (and highly rated) training rotations to anaesthetics and foundation Intensive Care Unit (with other trainees on site in surgery, medicine, orthopaedics, psychiatry, obstetric & gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, palliative care, radiology and urology)
• Hands on care for all patients
• Departmental education - protected time (multi-modality) departmental Emergency Department, grand rounds, radiology and code blue
• Exam preparation training—protected time (Primary and Fellowship Exam) - with proven track record of success, plus ACEM Examiner on staff
• Full access to exam and study leave
• Access to the ACEM EM Certificate and Diploma
• RACGP (Advanced Rural Skills Training) and ACRRM (Advanced Specialist Training) Training
Please Note: Applicants must have a minimum of six months experience in Critical Care Medicine (Emergency; Acute Medicine; Intensive Care Unit or Anaesthetics).
Area Profile: Enhanced Care and Services at Bunbury Health Campus
Bunbury Hospital is a 171-bed hospital that functions as the regional resource centre for the South West region with all major specialties present on site including ICU and CCU/cath lab. St John of God Hospital is a co-location Hospital which takes private admissions from Bunbury Hospital Emergency Department.
The Emergency Department is the largest department in the hospital and the biggest Emergency Department in WA outside of Perth. The Department consists of 39 beds including Fast Track and Short Stay Unit. The Department receives in excess of 45,000 presentations per year of whom approximately 30% require admission. ED medical staff include Specialist Emergency Physicians, Senior Medical Practitioners, Registrars, Residents and Interns.
Functioning as the regional centre for the South West and being the only Emergency Department in Bunbury generates exposure to the whole spectrum of acute medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, gynaecological and mental health related illness. The Emergency Department may assist with medical transfers for the recently established Bunbury Rescue Helicopter.
Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with approximately 120 presentations per day. Our patients are younger than many tertiary sites with 25% being children.
To find out more click Here you can access information and videos about what it’s like to work at Bunbury Regional Hospital and live in the beautiful South West.
Employee Benefits: In addition to the great salary our employees enjoy an amazing range of benefits which may include (in line with operational requirements):
For Further Job Related Information: We encourage you to contact Dr Stephen Hartwig on 08 9722 2240.
Application Instructions: Applicants must apply online via MedJobsWA. Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online. This email address will be used for all communication.
Applicants are advised to write a statement addressing the selection criteria and provide a detailed curriculum vitae which summarises your experience and how you are able to meet the position requirements. These documents should be complete and ready to attach prior to applying online. Please ensure you allow sufficient time to complete the online application process as you will be required to answer various questions and attach your documentation.
It is preferable for your referee to be a current supervisor or manager.
Applications close: 4.00pm, Friday 7th January 2022