- Flexible family friendly roster
- Located less than 1 hour from Melbourne CBD
- Salary packaging benefits
- Immediate start or opportunities to commence in 2022
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Geelong Hospital Emergency Department are an enthusiastic FACEM led team, we currently have excellent opportunities available for Advanced Trainee Registrars for 2021 & 2022 start dates;
- One-on-one time with enthusiastic FACEMs - every shift.
- Excellent exposure to wide variety of pathologies in a mixed Emergency
- A flexible, family friendly roster
- A family friendly region with great schools & childcare options
- Part time & full time positions available
- Access to the incredible lifestyle advantages that come with living & working in the Geelong region: world-class beaches, river & bay activities, cycling, arts, wineries, cafes & bars, excellent schools and < 1hour to Melbourne.
Who are we?
- St John of God Hospital Geelong is a large not-for-profit health care organisation that provides high quality health care to Geelong and the surrounding community.
- Inpatient services include a 12 bed ICU, 16 bed CCU, Special Care Nursery and 13 theatres.
- Our growing Emergency Department sees 17,000 patients per year, with approximately 15% paediatric presentations.
- ACEM-accredited for up to 6 months advanced training in ED (linked with University Hospital Geelong)
- Benefits include access to salary packaging and CME funding
- Options for clinical support time
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Emergency registrars who are in the ACEM training program
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience
- High level of communication skills
- A commitment to clinical excellence
- A willingness to work in a team atmosphere characterised by friendliness, fun, and compassion.
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
For enquiries contact Dr Georgina Hayden, Director Emergency Medicine, on (03) 5226 8811.