- $25,779 weekly package
- Must live in Australia and have full work rights and AHPRA registration
- FIFO 8 week minimum rotation
- Flights and accommodation provided
- Start date ASAP
IHMS is seeking an Emergency Doctor to provide primary health care, initial emergency response, stabilisation and critical care to clients and stakeholders in our Offshore Immigration Detention Centre.
The Emergency Doctor will provide emergency response, initial stabilization, resuscitation and treatment, and critical care management.
- Provision of medical lead in preparation, response and recovery from major incidents with multiple or mass casualties
- Management of Emergency and critical care cases
- Primary health care services may need to be provided for on-site workers developing symptoms or signs of illness or who have sustained an injury
- Conduct Periodic Medical Surveillance health assessment
- Diagnosis and treatment of non-emergency medical conditions
- Management of medical equipment and supplies including maintenance of minimum stock levels for pharmacy items and consumables
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To be considered you must have:
- Full unconditional registration with AHPRA
- Five (5) years’ work experience in Emergency Medicine
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a Remote Location (desirable)
- Fellowship with ACEM or equivalent (Required)
- Advanced Life Support certificate
- Experience with computerized medical records and medical practice systems is desirable
- Experience working with culturally diverse client groups (desirable)
International Health & Medical Services (IHMS) provides health care for people in immigration detention throughout Australia. We do this in line with Australian standards for health services and with the RACGP Standards for health services in Australian immigration detention centres.
We deliver these important services for people in immigration detention in a professional manner that is:
- Clinically appropriate
- Without any form of discrimination
- With appropriate dignity, humanity, cultural and gender sensitivity, and
- With respect for privacy and confidentiality
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted and all applicants will be subject to a mandatory criminal history check as part of the recruitment and selection process. Offers of employment will only be made upon a satisfactory and successful criminal history check.
IHMS welcomes you to Apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria.