Joondalup Health Campus are happy to announce 12-month positions in Emergency Medicine and Anaesthetics
(Non-Trainees welcome to apply)
The position guarantees 3 months Anaesthetics and 9 months Emergency Medicine
Positions are available from February 2022
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- A minimum of 6 months plus employment as a Registrar in the Australian Health System.
- JHC is looking to employ Registrars minimum PGY4 (base salary range before allowances: $105,456 - $151,479 dependent on years of service).
- Participation in undergraduate and postgraduate medical teaching of junior medical staff, nursing staff and medical students.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in Emergency including clinical decision making and flow management.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of patient outcomes and patient experience
- Demonstration of continued professional development specifically ALS, EMST, APLS courses.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold and promote the Ramsay Way core values.
- Innovative thinking and strong leadership skills.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills and ability to engage with all stakeholders.
- Current AHPRA registration or eligibility.
What we offer:
- Guaranteed 3 months Anaesthetics term in a 12-month commitment to Emergency Medicine.
- Base salary range before allowances: $105,456 - $151,479 dependent on years of service.
- Supportive consultant guidance with multiple FACEM presence in ED for 16 hours per day.
- Active education programs with up to five hours of protected teaching time per week, including ED registrar CME and WBA sessions.
- Access to a number of EMC/EMD supervisors.
- Comprehensive Primary and Fellowship teaching programs.
- Additional teaching modalities:
- Simulation scenarios
- Clinical skills teaching
- Procedural skills lab
- Point of care ultrasound education with ASUM credentialed supervisors for CCPU candidates.
- Commitment to the ACEM curriculum and WBA.
- 24 months of ACEM-accredited advanced training (urban district) and paediatric log book.
- Other non-ED terms for advanced trainees including General Medicine, Anaesthetics & ICU.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position of JHC Anaesthetics & Emergency Registrar, applicants must provide the following documents as part of their application for appointment to the recruitment pool:
Cover letter (less than 500 words) and curriculum vitae (of no more than four A4 pages) including the name and contact details of two referee’s.
If you are available to commence earlier than February 2022 please include this in your cover letter
Email the above documents to:
Tamara Deering - ED Administration Supervisor at [email protected] / enquiries: (08) 9400 9091
Closing Date: Friday, 29 October 2021 at 5.00pm (AWST)
Joondalup Health Campus Hospital Profile:
Joondalup Health Campus, (JHC) is a 722-bed facility owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator. Located in Perth’s rapidly expanding northern suburbs, the Emergency Department at Joondalup Health Campus provides high quality health care in a busy ED seeing around 110,000 patients/year, with a wide range of presentations, including 25-30% of Paediatrics presentations.
Enjoy a dynamic team culture, easy access to consultants and hands-on procedural experience across the complete emergency medicine case mix, including paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology and trauma. For more information, please visit www.joondaluphealthcampus.com.au
Ramsay Health Care JHC employees have access to some great benefits including:
- Onsite free parking
- Onsite child care
- Employee benefits/discounts
- Flexible work arrangement
- Professional development opportunities and Study Leave/assistance