· Work with a dynamic team in a tertiary Emergency Department in Melbourne
· Currently building a new department with more cubicles and state of the art surroundings
· Be part of the largest health network in Victoria
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide healthcare for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children's Hospital.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 900 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria's largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Emergency Department is the tertiary hub of Victoria's largest health service. We have tertiary adult and paediatric departments that work closely together. Currently in the process of redevelopment, the new Emergency Department will open in March of 2022 with 30 additional cubicle spaces across adults and paeds, a separate mental health and AOD hub, ED specific diagnostic imaging and COVID negative flow engineering.
About the Role
This role is part time permanent Emergency Physician in the adult ED
· Oversee safe and timely care of high acuity tertiary adult patients
· Participate in multiple improvement and research projects including elderly trauma triage tools, geriatrician in ED, and many more
· Supervise training registrars, critical HMOs, interns and medical students to enhance learning
What we offer
· Salary packaging
· Onsite staff parking
· Discounted banking (BankVic)
· Onsite Gym
· Access to professional development courses and seminars
What you need
· current registrations such as APRHA or working with children's check
· Other specific registrations or checks such as or working with children's check
· Specific qualifications
· Previous experience
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Working with Children's Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.