Join an energetic, forward thinking team in a department full of broad clinical experiences. 43 bed unit that opened in 2012, with an annual attendance of 45,000 and a 30-40% admission rate and 22% paediatric caseload. Referral hospital for the entire north of Tasmania, resulting in high acuity and diverse clinical experiences, including major trauma, with an onsite helipad
· Fully supported ICU with ECMO capability
· 24-hour cardiac interventional angiography
· All major specialties onsite except vascular, cardiothoracic and neurosurgery.
Located in the centre of northern Tasmania, Launceston is your gateway to exploring the island. Experience 4 distinct seasons in a dynamic city fostering local artisans, designers, performers and market gardeners, all without the hassle of traffic jams and long commutes. Relax and enjoy the beautiful local vineyards, fresh seafood and produce. Explore orchards and berry farms, swim at the stunning natural Cataract Gorge in the centre of town, or at pristine empty beaches in national parks to the north and east. Or be adventurous with your pick of world-class mountain biking, kayaking, climbing or hiking all within 2 hours, and even our own ski resort only an hour away! Hours/Period of Appointment This is a Fixed term, full time, and/or Fixed Term, part time position until the 1st August 2022 with the possibility of extension. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1- Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 3 $155,681 - $236,636 per annum.
Please note that access to the Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner salary range is subject to the successful applicant satisfying the criteria for Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1, 2 or 3 as described in the Salaried Medical Practitioners Interim Agreement 2019.
1. Medical care of DEM.
2. Undertake procedures as required in the DEM.
3. Participate in the after-hours on-call roster.
4. Provide supervision of and training of junior medical staff.
5. Undertake clinical teaching of undergraduates and other staff at LGH.
6. Maintain involvement in research activities.
7. Perform administrative and quality improvement functions as required.
8. Work closely with corresponding nursing and support staff in DEM.
9. Participation in disaster preparedness planning.
10. Actively participate in and contribute to the organisation’s Quality & Safety and Work Health &
Safety processes, including the development and implementation of safety systems,
improvement initiatives and related training, ensuring that quality and safety improvement
processes are in place and acted upon.
11. The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document,
that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons
occupying positions at this classification level.
Location: Launceston General Hospital - Emergency Department
We can offer: Attractive Salary Package, including On Call Allowance and Call Back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements Flexible work/life balance Dynamic team environment
· Specialist or limited Registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
· Refer to SoD for further essential requirements
· The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy
a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The
following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
· Fellow of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine or equivalent
· AHPRA registration
For more information: Dr Lucy Reed Director - Emergency Department [email protected] (03) 6777 6422 Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au