Applications for Emergency Registrar positions are now open for 2022 at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne.
Come join our dynamic team and experience a rapidly growing, tertiary level Emergency Medicine Department with incredible training opportunities.
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA) and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 5,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. It is affiliated with the University of Melbourne as a clinical teaching hospital. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, addiction medicine, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care.
Based in an inner city location, the Emergency Department provides all tertiary level adult services (except Major Trauma).
We have 18 Registrar EFT based in ED at St Vincent’s, plus a further 14 - 16 EFT available through a wide variety of external rotations.
- >50000 patient presentations per year, with a 40% admission rate.
- Two years of ACEM advanced training accreditation (Major Referral designation).
- Internal rotations include ICU and Anaesthetics - including 2 new (6 month) Senior Registrar Anaesthetic Rotations
- Medical Education/Simulation Registrar Position
- External ED rotations include Royal Children’s, Royal Women’s, Eye and Ear, Royal Melbourne (Major Trauma), Maroondah (Urban District), Werribee (Urban District), and Cabrini Malvern (Private ED).
- Other external rotations to Alice Springs, Warrnambool and the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (VIFM) and others are also supported if applicants are interested.
- St Vincent’s Simulation and Education Centre: some of the best simulation in Australia with frequent access; both clinical and OSCE-focused.
- The Emergency Practice Innovation Centre (EPICentre) and Head of Research are available to assist with research.
- High level teaching program with proven exam training success, and access to experienced exam teachers and examiners.
- Values-based culture with patient-centred team based care. We take pride in the care of all patients, and have access to excellent resources to assist in our service delivery to our most disadvantaged patients.
- Inner city location surrounded by Melbourne’s best cafes & restaurants, theatres, parks and gardens.
- It’s a great working environment!
Positions commence Monday 1st February 2022.
Enquiries to Dr Jonathan Karro (Clinical Director of EM) [email protected]
Candidates may Apply via StV Workday or by emailing a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] or [email protected]
Applications close : 31st May 2021