If you want your career to go places then join Department of Health in the Northern Territory. The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the Territory are like no other in Australia, from remote Aboriginal health to tropical health and urban tertiary care. Continued investments in Aboriginal health, remote health, acute care and community services offer many opportunities for health professionals who want to be part of making a difference.
Top End Health Service
Several vacancies at Katherine Hospital
Fixed for up to 2 years.
Not your average Emergency job…. fascinating emergency medicine, procedural work, indigenous health & the rewarding challenges of being a senior staff member in a smaller remote ED. Job share/ flexible options possible.
We’re seeking a unique doctor to provide senior support in our remote hospital ED. For the right person, we think we have a dream job.
- Our Emergency Department has 16 thousand presentations per annum with a great mix of adult and paediatric patients. The average age of admitted adult patients is around 45 years, and best of all, there is no access block
- An interest in Indigenous health is essential, as Aboriginal people from many different language groups comprise over half of our region’s population and add to the richness of our rural hospital experience.
- The medicine is amazing! The challenges of tropical medicine, trauma, remoteness, high acuity, complex comorbidities and the uniqueness of our hospital experience are what keep our staff so happy.
- An attractive remuneration, accommodation & relocation package is available with generous allowances.
- We offer a civilized, negotiable roster that would include some after-hours on-call responsibility, and we’re happy to work around other commitments. Our good working relationships with retrieval services and the Royal Darwin Hospital provides scope for maintaining professional networks and skills.
- Your Senior ED colleagues are a combination of FACEM and Senior Rural Generalists with anaesthetics and emergency medicine experience.
- Medical staff consist of FACRRM registrars and rotating interns & residents from Darwin Hospital.
- As a senior clinician with a collaborative style, you would join our stable and collegial senior clinical team consisting of General Physicians and an Obstetrician.
- Teaching and supervision are key requirements of the role, and we expect that you’ll be passionate about sharing your skills with medical students, and medical staff.
- Katherine – If you have dreamed of exploring outback Australia and have a love of the Australian bush, you could not be better placed. Our proximity to South East Asia as well as Nitmiluk, Kakadu and East Kimberley national parks provide endless places to explore and so much more.
Our vision is to continue to establish a reputation of excellence in remote hospital service. Come join our adventure…
Contact the Director of Emergency, Katherine Hospital on 08 8973 9333 or [email protected]
Quote vacancy number: 72201318
Closing date: 04/02/2021
Applicants should address the selection criteria and provide a current CV and contact details for 2 referees (preferably an email address). For a copy of the Job Description and to apply online please visit www.jobs.nt.gov.au For assistance uploading an application contact 1300 659 247