With significant funded reforms unfolding there has never been a better time to join the Statewide Mental Health Service. The newly created position of Statewide Speciality Director – Alcohol and Drug Service constitutes an exciting and rare opportunity to be involved in the transformation of mental health care in Tasmania.
We are seeking an expert in the field of addictions and related clinical service provision to work in partnership with our leadership team to drive reform and deliver government commitments to;
· Better integrate alcohol, tobacco and other drug services, supports and treatments across government and non-government agencies
· Deliver a seamless, easy to navigate, effective and integrated service system
· Ensure supports and treatments are inclusive of families, carers and significant others
· Integrate AOD specialist services with non-AOD specialist services, particularly with Primary Health
· Establish a [email protected] Program, an AOD Homeless Consultation Liaison Program and a Brief Intervention Team that works closely with the Emergency Department.
As an applicant for this position you will;
· Have a proven track record of implementing recommendations and establishing new services
· Have experience effectively leading and managing teams and the vision and ability to drive innovation and change
· Enjoy being actively involved and visible in clinical service delivery, providing direction and positive leadership from the shop floor
· Be motivated to work collaboratively with community managed organisations, Primary Health, peak bodies other arms of the SMHS including correctional and forensic services
· Ensure a community and consumer focus throughout service planning and delivery.
Nowhere in Australia has the mild climate, unique natural environment and quality of life afforded by Tasmania where you are never more than ten minutes away from a beach, National Park or an award-winning restaurant or bar. Whether you see yourself navigating your way around one of our hundreds of islands, hiking or mountain-biking our world class trails, immersing yourself in our arts scene or taking in some independent vineyards, a sense of community and a relaxed commute await you.
· We offer an attractive salary with allowances and access to salary packaging
· We provide relocation and accommodation assistance for you and your family
· We commit to supporting your ongoing professional development.
Contact Barry Nicholson on (03) 6166 0844 or email [email protected] for more details.
Apply online at jobs.tas.gov.au and obtain the current Statement of Duties.
Applications close: 7 February 2021
Vacancy No. 524737