Emergency Medicine Registrar – This is an exciting opportunity to train in Emergency Medicine in a large regional ED with a wide variety of high acuity clinical presentations, well supported by a team of FACEMS dedicated to trainee education. The position would suit a motivated and enthusiastic ACEM trainee, ACRRM trainee or a PGY4+ medical officer with an interest in rural emergency medicine.
Who we are:
- Primary referral centre for an area of 250,000 square kilometres and a population of 270,000 people in Western NSW
- Regional ED with 40,000 presentations per year including about 10,000 paediatric. 45% admission rate for adults, 25% for paeds
- Wide range of clinical presentations including interesting and challenging trauma and rural emergencies unique to the region
- Well-staffed with on 2 on-site FACEMs from 8 am to midnight and on-call FACEM overnight
Who we are looking for:
- ACEM trainees at any stage of training
- ACRRM trainees
- PGY4+ medical officers who can competently and confidently work at an ED registrar level.
Why work for us:
- You will gain experience in high acuity Emergency Medicine with plenty of opportunity to team-lead resuscitation and perform advanced skills procedures with FACEM supervision.
- We are accredited for 6 months Advanced Training with ACEM and 12 months Special Skills Training in Emergency Medicine with ACRRM
- We are a registered EMD/EMC training centre with 3 accredited supervisors
- We will organise an ACEM-recognised rotation in non-ED specialities such as ICU, aeromedical retrieval or another speciality in Dubbo based on your learning needs.
- We are part of HETI Training Network 1 and can organise tertiary ED terms at Liverpool or Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- We have a highly rated registrar education program with multi-modal delivery and SIM-based sessions in protected teaching time.
- There is exam support available for ACEM primary and fellowship exams, both locally and through the HETI network.
- The close-knit and highly functional core team of innovative and enthusiastic ED physicians is passionate about evidence-based practice and trainee education.
- There will be enough paediatric experience to fill at least half of your logbook each term.
- We run an ACEM-compliant Ultrasound Credentialing Program. CCPU candidates can have logbooks signed off and assessments performed for rapid cardiac echocardiography.
- Relocation expenses may be available as per the NSW Award.
How to apply:
Go to the NSW Health Careers portal at www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers for a position description and online application.
Email us to learn more about our newly renovated department and the great training opportunities in Dubbo:
Dr Daniel Stewart, Director of Emergency Medicine at [email protected]
Dr Abhishek Mitra, DEMT at [email protected]