Seeking an emergency medicine trainee to join an accredited emergency department.
- 6 months of ED training on a rural ED accredited for 6 months general ED with paediatric log book and 6 months critical care/anaesthesia in a rural ICU with dedicated anaesthetic time each week.
- Weekly in situ multidisciplinary simulation and human factors training.
- Among the FACEMS are a well-known international lecturer in emergency medicine and contributor to one of the most influential emergency medicine teaching website in Australia.
- Comprehensive primary and fellowship ACEM exam preparation available.
- 6 months of general emergency medicine in a mixed department with paediatric log book certification.
- 6 months accredited ICU time in a 4 bed ICU with nearby CCU. Dedicated anaesthetic time and teaching will allow the trainee to fulfill the ACEM training requirement for airways managed.
- FACEM support til midnight then on call on site.
- Supportive inpatient teams and referrals are straight to the specialist without negotiations with inpatient registrars.
- With over 26 000 presentations per year at the main department and 13 000 at the satellite unit the department is busy enough to expose the clinician to a wide range of cases but usually controlled enough to ensure the clinician has time to treat each patient individually and comprehensively.
- The opportunity to manage the comprehensive care of your own patients, perfect for the senior trainee wishing to transit into the more senior role with FACEM support.
- A great department in which to discover the challenges and benefits of practicing emergency medicine in the rural sector.
- The emergency department is accredited for 6 months of ACEM training with a motivated FACEM group building on success in ACEM diploma and certificate training.
- Core specialties of medicine, surgery, anaesthetics, paediatrics, O&G and ICU on site.
- 4 bed ICU with specialist cover on site
- Busy elective surgery lists with no ICU or anaesthetic trainees on site.
- Located approximately 2hrs from Byron Bay and 3 hrs from Gold Coast, Grafton is the administrative centre for the Clarence Valley. Coffs Harbour Airport 1 hrs away usually has 5 flights to Sydney each day.
- The local population of 50 000 swells during holidays as tourists flock to the pristine beaches and spectacular national parks in the area.
- Housing is affordable and the schools and sports facilities are good.
For more detail please telephone Dr. Will Davies, Director of Emergency Medicine, Grafton Base Hospital. 0401 754 793