Gain exposure to a wide range of presentations and add to your skillset in this busy ED, which always receives positive feedback from our regular locum doctors.
- $2500 p/day via ABN for 8-hour shifts;
- Travel, car and accommodation provided;
- Opportunity for you to get written into the roster and pick up regular FIFO locum work;
- Our locum doctors are always given fair rosters and the department is committed to safe working hours;
- You’ll work with a strong team and have senior and registrar support on the floor, plus on-call support is available.
- Choose from blocks of 3-7 shifts throughout December and into January and February 2020.
- Likelihood of ongoing needs into the new clinical year.
- There are a mix of three different 8-hour shifts (0800 – 1606; 1300 – 2306; 1400 – 2206) with on-call 1:2/3.
- An accredited 60-bed non-specialist medical, diagnostic and treatment facility.
- Services a population of around 19,000 plus a high tourist presence.
- Busy emergency department sees 15,000 presentations per annum.
- The obstetrician-supported maternity unit has around 300 deliveries per annum and the general physician team manages around 1,000 medical admissions per annum.
- Along with the challenges of remoteness and complex pathologies, over 70% of admitted patients are Aboriginal, with many different cultures and languages.
- Registrars at the hospital are predominantly Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) trainees.
If you are a FACEM with specialist AHPRA registration and you are keen to practice medicine in the heart of Australia, find out more by registering your interest today.
Alternatively email our ED Locum Recruitment Consultant Matt Said: [email protected]