- Rockingham is a coastal town located 45 minutes south of Perth
- RGH has state-of-the art facilities and provides high quality clinical services for the Peel, Rockingham and Kwinana communities.
- Our Emergency Department (ED) treats 54,000+ patients per year with a varied and interesting case-mix, which includes 30% paediatric presentations and is supported by paediatric, surgical, medical, anaesthetic, obstetrics and gynaecology and ICU services and have close links to nearby tertiary hospital
- A separate paediatric area in the ED opened in May 2014.
- RGH employs consultants and radiographers with advanced ultrasound training and provides regular ultrasound training on FAST, venous access, AAA, nerve block, early pregnancy scanning, and DVT.
- Emergency Consultants are on duty from 0800 hours to 2400 hours (and on-call overnight) to provide supervision and bedside teaching.
- Our ED is accredited for 12 months of advanced training with the Australian College for Emergency Medicine (including Paediatric Log-book), and has a highly-regarded Registrar teaching program with 4hrs/week protected teaching time and a first part exam and fellowship exam preparation program with a track record of success.
- In addition, our registrars participate in weekly simulation training and in multidisciplinary simulation training days with our ED nurses. There is also an option of non-clinical time and duties for advanced ED trainees.
Registrar positions are available for 6 or 12 months with the possibility of extension.
We have a number of posts which include:
Emergency Medicine / Anaesthetic rotation
- These positions consist of full time, ACEM accredited appointments in both Emergency Medicine and Anaesthetics at 6 months in each.
Emergency Medicine / ICU rotation
- These positions consist of full time, ACEM accredited appointments in both Emergency Medicine and ICU at 6 months in each.
Emergency Medicine / Medical Education Registrar
- RGH also has an opportunity within the department for an education role which would suit speciality trainees in the latter part of their training with a keen interest in education and teaching.
We are also applying for both USS and Simulation registrar position accreditation. These positions may be available at the time of interview.
For further information on the roles please contact Dr Tim Patel on (08) 9599 4000 or email [email protected]
Salary: MP Year 1-7 $128,221 - $172,293 or MP Year 1-2 $188,659 - $197,384 p.a. pro rata (inclusive of base salary, 9.5% superannuation and professional development allowance).
Applicants will be considered for a Registrar or Senior Registrar position based on their skills and experience.
To apply please search for position 510368 at www.jobs.wa.gov.au or MedJobsWA and follow the application instructions contained in the advert