Staff Specialist or Senior Staff Specialist
Department of Emergency Medicine
Emergency Dept Medical, Mackay Hospital and Health Serivce
Remuneration value up to $490,569 p.a. comprising salary between $8,237.00 p.f. - $8,733.20 p.f. (L25 - L27), or remuneration value up to $449,302 p.a. comprising salary between $6,888.00 p.f. - $8,000.80 p.f. (L18 - L24), employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances. Applications will remain current for 12 months. Job Ad Reference: MK315446.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with QPS and HHS values as outlined above.
- Understand your broad responsibility for safety and quality in healthcare, actively participate in continuous quality and safety improvement activities within the workplace and notify a relevant clinical or non-clinical responsible officer when concerns exist about workplace or patient safety.
- The provision of a healthy and safe environment within Mackay Hospital and Health Service is everyone’s responsibility.
- Understand your accountability to uphold the principles and practices of the Health Service’s Health and Safety Management System in accordance with legislation and industry standards. As a supervisor actively promote good health and safety practices to staff of your work area.
- Varied, exciting case mix including 25% paediatrics & a significant trauma case-load.
- Regional referral and trauma centre; 50,000 presentations per annum.
- Innovative and flexile rostering.
- Opportunity to become involved in development of a new Emergency Department.
- Highly competitive remuneration with extensive support for professional development.
- Potential for involvement in the Regional Aeromedical Retrieval Service.
- There is an active and successful postgraduate education and training program.
- The Emergency Department at Mackay Hospital sees great number of attendances per annum, (approximately 25% paediatrics) with a diverse case mix including trauma. There is an active and successful postgraduate education and training program.
- Modern 192 bed hospital providing trauma services, most major medical and surgical sub-speciality services.
- Support services such as Cardiac Cathlab and a 10 bed Short Stay Unit.
- A fully equipped medical library is available on site with a large collection of hard copy and online journals and textbooks.
- Provide expert clinical services for the department within the Clinical Services Capability Framework for the facility, and within the clinical privileges formally granted to the Staff Specialist/Senior Staff Specialist from time to time.
- Provide clinical supervision of the department and junior medical staff when rostered as the duty Senior Medical Officer.
- Actively participate in in-service training programs, supervise and teach junior medical staff, medical students, nursing and paramedical staff as required.
- Provide ethical decision making in the achievement of organisation goals.
Sarah Boxall, (07) 4885 5110
Job Ad Reference