- Permanent part-time (salary plus profit share) & casual positions available ( $210 -$260)
- Newcastle and Maitland clinics
IGNITE your career path. Heal Specialist Urgent Care is energising FACEMs and emergency teams to provide compassionate care in our communities.
At Heal, our mission is to revolutionise the way urgent medical care is delivered in Australia by:
- Making healthcare easy
- Delivering extraordinary care
- Caring for people, not patients
- Empowering people by growing health literacy
We are adding to our team of clinical specialists, to challenge the status quo in healthcare and help us fulfil our mission.
The role of the Emergency Physician at Heal represents a unique opportunity to ignite your career and help build an exciting new healthcare service in the Hunter Region.
As the clinical lead for our multidisciplinary team, you will play a key role in positively impacting the health and wellbeing of the local community, by helping to offset the burden placed upon our public health systems. The Urgent Care model closely aligns with a private Fast Track and at Heal we prioritise patient experience with time efficiency in a premium environment.
Heal Urgent Care has two walk-in clinics in the Hunter region, the established Newcastle clinic has 12 treatment spaces, a procedure room, dedicated onsite x-ray and point of care pathology testing, with generous amenities and office spaces. Heal’s Maitland clinic is expected to open end of October 2023.
The position of Emergency Physician provides options for flexible rostering, including weekends and public holidays. Our clinics are not open overnight.
What we offer:
- Profit share (permanent staff). Heal has a philosophy of sharing our success by offering financial rewards to our FACEM’s
- A medical scribe to take care of daily administrative tasks such as documentation, ordering investigations and discharge, allowing you to focus on consulting and clinical decision making
- High patient turnover and ultimate patient flow with no access block
- No on-call requirement, no night shifts.
- Technology and IT systems that make healthcare easy for both patients and doctors
- Free Urgent Care for you and your immediate family
- A dedicated on site car parking space
- End of trip facilities
- 5* star hotel accommodation available and financial assistance with transport logistics for locums
Who you are:
- A service focused and empathetic Emergency Physician with a genuine interest in patient needs, outcomes, and continuous quality improvement
- Highly motivated and organised with a vigilant attitude towards accuracy and compliance
- Ambitious and energised to guide the team to deliver extraordinary healthcare
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills and contribute to building a positive team culture that reflects our values
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communications
- Embraces digital tools to streamline administrative processes
- Applicants must have a Medical Degree registrable in NSW and hold Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and/or equivalent specialist qualifications/other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award or Health Insurance Act (1973)
- Experience working in an Emergency Department with significant paediatric activity
- Experience with orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injuries
Who we are:
- A dedicated team with a passion for delivering extraordinary health care
- A flexible workplace, offering appropriate work/life balance and integration
- A people first organisation, for our patients, team and partners
- An organisation passionate about education and developing our skills.
Culture and Benefits:
- Career Opportunities – We are a rapidly growing medical organisation with lots of opportunities to ignite your career outside of the ED. Opportunities exist to work in outpatient clinics within Heal’s After Care model (e.g. occupational med, HITH programs etc).
- Flexible work arrangements – we are able to offer a variety of shift patterns and shift lengths to suit your lifestyle.
- Rewarding Performance – we have a philosophy of sharing our success by offering financial rewards to our employees
- Mental Health - we know supporting people through health episodes can take an emotional toll, that’s why we provide our team with access to Headspace and EAP services
Why Newcastle and The Hunter Region?
Newcastle is Australia’s second oldest and NSW’s second largest city and is located just a two-hour drive north of Sydney. We are proud of our stunning beaches, gorgeous coastline, NSW’s largest Lake, National Parks, beautiful architecture and varied dining options. The liveability of our Hunter Valley region includes a world class university, superb sporting facilities, award winning attractions and restaurants along with numerous public, private and preschool options. Find out more about Newcastle, Maitland and surrounding Lake Macquarie and Hunter Valley regions https://www.visitnewcastle.com.au
How to apply?
If your values align with ours, we welcome your application. Please upload a current copy of your CV to be considered for this position.
Please contact the Medical Director, Dr Tim Stewart if you wish to discuss anything in more detail [email protected]
You can learn more about Heal Urgent Care, here: https://www.healurgentcare.com.au