Full time, Part-time & Casual contracts available
Located in Perth’s northern suburbs, the redeveloped Emergency Department (ED) at Joondalup Health Campus (JHC) provides high quality health care to around 100,000 patients a year.
JHC, proudly owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital group, recently completed a major redevelopment that delivered extensive new facilities and services to both public and private patients.
New areas in the redevelopment of the ED:
- 10 bed Mental Health Observation Area (MHOA) attached to the ED
- 10 bed isolated Infectious area
- 3 bed Behavioural Assessment unit (BAU)
- Redesigned Ambulatory care stream
- Further developments are ongoing, as we continue to grow with our community.
What we can offer you:
- A dynamic Emergency Medicine working environment.
- A diverse clinical case mix, including adults, paediatric (25%) and O&G.
- An innovative and creative team, which is continually improving clinical processes.
- The opportunity to be involved in departmental QI, research, audits and specific working groups.
- A friendly, supportive culture within ED and the entire hospital.
- An ED with 24 months advanced ACEM training accreditation (urban district) and paediatric logbook.
- Excellent penalty rates for evenings and weekends
- Variety of contract options (full-time/part-time/casual/locum to suit your individual needs
- An active monthly CME program – including M&M, SIM and presentations from ED and inpatient colleagues.
- An opportunity to participate in formal teaching programs (100% pass rate for primary, OSCE and EMC/EMD candidates in 2022)
- Option to facilitate in multiple courses run by JHC FACEMS – JUST ultrasound course, ACUTE emergency course, JHC OSCE course.
- Invitation to the annual JHC FACEM run EMCON conference.
- Access to JHC ASUM supervisors for completion of ultrasound logbooks
JHC is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care. Employees at JHC, Perth are offered some great benefits including:
- Onsite child care, free onsite parking,
- Competitive penalty rates & employee benefits/discounts
- An active JMO society & regular ED & Ramsay social events
- JHC, Perth Doctors wellbeing program
- 5 weeks annual leave per annum
We are looking for FACEMS with a strong work ethic who are:
- Self-motivated team leaders and players.
- Enthusiastic in teaching Emergency Medicine.
- Committed to a growing, dynamic learning environment.
- Dedicated to providing high quality patient care and customer service
- Promoting and upholding the Ramsay Way core values
$394,115 – $491,820 p.a. pro rata (Inclusive of base salary, superannuation and applicable allowances)
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For more information, please contact:Dr Sjinene van Schalkwyk FACEM
Co-Head of Department
Phone: +61 8 94009091
Email: [email protected]
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter to:
Tamara Deering – ED Medical Administration Supervisor
Email: [email protected]