Emergency Physicians Werribee Mercy Hospital
As a major public hospital servicing the community of Western Suburbs of Melbourne, with a multi-million-dollar Emergency Department expansion on the way, Werribee Mercy Hospital is looking for Emergency Physicians to join this exciting development.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Part-Time, Full-Time positions available
- Location: Werribee Mercy Hospital
- To provide excellence in the delivery of clinical service in the discipline of emergency medicine
- To work in strong partnership with members of the Medical Staff in the provision of integrated and coordinated health services
- Successful applicants will be expected to be able to provide high quality clinical care operating autonomously.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a 200-bed community hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our various services.
The Werribee Mercy Hospital, Emergency Department and Short Stay Unit provides care to over 50,000 patients annually. Our community is culturally diverse with one in two families, include a member born overseas.
Joining our team you will work in a collaborative, highly-motivated, and supportive multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health and Clerical Staff. Our primary focus is delivering exceptional and timely patient-centred care. We are ACEM accredited for 24 months of advanced training and welcome applications from Australian and overseas graduates.
You will be working alongside different specialties in multiple departments to provide the best outcomes for patients.
Our hospital services include:
- Intensive Care Unit
- Special Care Nursery
- Perioperative Services
- Paediatric Unit
- Medical / Surgical Units
- Obstetric Services
- Mental Health Services (including Mother Baby Unit)
- Hospital In the Home Program
- General and Specialist Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or equivalent
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional service and clinical excellence.
- High level of communication skills.
- Willingness to practice demonstrating the Mercy core values.
- Engagement with all key stakeholders to ensure the best clinical outcome and experience for patients and their families.
- Be a driver for innovation and change.
- Be a professional role model cultivating a team environment.
- Demonstrate work flexibility within the Public Emergency Health Services system
- Prior experience working in the Public Emergency Health Services system will be of benefit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families
- encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies
- protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect
- taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable
- offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
To view the position description or submit your application please click the 'Apply Now' button.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Dr Jamie Roberts, Acting Director Emergency Department
- [email protected]
- 08 8754 3342