Unique Opportunity to join our expanding ED team at St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne). We are known for our supportive and friendly senior medical staff and for providing an environment that fosters growth and development of independence of practice.
You will experience an innovative, dynamic tertiary level Emergency Medicine Department with incredible training opportunities.
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA) and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 5,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. It is affiliated with the University of Melbourne as a clinical teaching hospital. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, addiction medicine, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. The ED maintains fantastic Executive and Continuous Improvement support as we strive for excellence.
Based in an inner city location, the Emergency Department provides all tertiary level adult services (except Major Trauma).
We now have an additional 2 Registrar Positions, with the potential for some highly valued external Rotations including Critical Care.
· 21 FTE Registrars based in the ED at St Vincent’s, plus a further 16 - 18 FTE on external rotations.
· >50000 patient presentations per year, with a 40% admission rate.
· Two years of ACEM advanced training accreditation (Major Referral designation).
· ACEM accredited for 12 months of Training Stage 4 for those enrolling in ACEM from 2022
· Excellent Primary and Fellowship Exam success rates
· Internal rotations include ICU and Anaesthetics (St Vincent’s)
· ACEM accredited Medical Education Senior Registrar Position
· External ED rotations include Royal Children’s, Royal Women’s, Eye and Ear, Royal Melbourne (major trauma), Maroondah (Urban District), Werribee (Urban District) as well as Cabrini Malvern and Epworth Hospitals (Private ED and ICU).
· Other external rotations to Alice Springs (including Retrieval Medicine), Warrnambool and the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (VIFM) are also supported if applicants are interested.
· High level, highly valued teaching program including access to experienced exam teachers and examiners
· St Vincent’s Simulation and Education Centre: some of the best simulation in Australia with frequent access; both clinical and OSCE-focused.
· The Emergency Practice Innovation Centre (EPICentre) and Head of Research are available to assist with research and research training requirement
· Strong mentoring program
· Values-based culture with patient-centred team based care. We take pride in the care of all patients, and have access to excellent resources to assist in our service delivery to our most disadvantaged patients.
· Staff safety and wellbeing is paramount and is supported at every level
· Inner city location surrounded by Melbourne’s best cafes & restaurants, theatres, parks and gardens.
· It’s a great working environment!
Shortlisting for these positions will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should suitable applicants be sourced.
Positions commence as soon as Monday 6th February 2023
Enquiries to Dr Jonathan Karro (Director of EM) [email protected]
Candidates may Apply via StV Workday or by emailing a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]