Advanced Trainee in Emergency Medicine positions
Seeking expressions of interest for three positions for 6 and 12 months starting February 2020
Registrar Year 1-7, $130,145 to $174,823 pa*
* includes base salary $109,678 to $150,479 pa, professional Development allowance $10,048 pa and 9.50% employer contributed Superannuation. Rates as at October 2018. Full time (80 hours per fortnight) salary as per WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016.
This is an excellent opportunity to experience a variety of presentations with rural industry, higher speed limits and increasing tourist volume all contributing to more trauma patients per
capita than city hospitals. If you believe ‘variety is the spice of life’ Bunbury could be
the place for you!
Bunbury Health Campus is a 143-bed hospital that functions as the regional resource centre for the South West region with all major specialties present on site including ICU and CCU/cath lab.
The Emergency Department is the largest department in the hospital and the biggest Emergency Department in WA outside of Perth. The Department receives in excess of 43,000 presentations per year of whom approximately 40% require admission. Medical staff include Specialist Emergency Physicians, Senior Medical Practitioners, Registrars, Residents and Interns.
Functioning as the regional centre for the South West and being the only Emergency Department in Bunbury implies exposure to the whole spectrum of acute medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric, gynaecological and mental health related illness. The Emergency Department also provides medical transfers for the recently established Bunbury Rescue Helicopter.
Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with around 110 presentations per day - approximately 140 per day on weekends and other peak periods. Our patients are younger than many tertiary sites (average age of 30-35 years) with a quarter being children. We actually see relatively more trauma than the state trauma centre - albeit of lower acuity. We never go on
bypass, and provide support to our surrounding district sites.
Pre-requisites: The successful applicants will have previous emergency medicine experience and must be registered with the Australian Medical Board and registered as a trainee with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine.
How to Apply:
All applications to be lodged via the 2020 Registrar –
Service/Trainee – various position, various locations in Country WA recruitment Pool online at
Applicants are advised to provide the following:
• A cover letter stating the position and location of interest eg: Service – Emergency Medicine,
Bunbury Health Campus
• A Curriculum vitae summarising your experience and how you are able to meet the position
• A statement addressing each of the selection criteria (Located in the Job Description Form JDF)
• Proof of Citizenship and Residency status
• Required if applicable – Evidence of English language skills registration standard, AMC
certificate, AMC multiple choice questionnaire results.
Documents should be complete and ready to be attached prior to applying online.
For further information please contact:
Dr Adam Coulson – Emergency Medicine Department
Email: [email protected]