Calling Emergency CMO 2023.
Peninsula Health is currently recruiting Emergency CMO for 2023.
• Ideal opportunity to develop your career
• Mornington Peninsula Location
• Salary Packaging Benefits
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realise this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and looking for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
The Emergency Department currently sees over 75,000 patients per annum. The admission rate is about 40%, with high acuity presentations.
There are currently 37 consultants working in the Emergency Department across both sites including 3 ACEM examiners. Peninsula Health Emergency Medicine has a strong educational program and is accredited by ACEM for 2 years of Advance Vocational training at Frankston ED, while Rosebud ED is accredited by ACEM for 6 months.
The successful candidate would be expected to be competent in managing most aspects of ED presentation with minimal FACEM support/supervision, at senior ED trainee level or above. They should also be able to supervise junior ED medical staff with clinical and disposition decisions.
• Airway management and resuscitation skills are essential for this position.
• Previous ICU and anesthetics experience are desirable.
• The position involves working at both Frankston ED and Rosebud ED sites.
• Under direction, provide appropriate medical care to patients and assist more senior doctors in complex cases.
• Build and expand personal skill levels to ensure that clients receive the best possible service reflecting up to date evidence based professional practice
• Be aware of and work in accordance with organisational policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and relevant legislative requirements.
• Demonstrate positive workplace behaviours and relationships at all times
To apply, visit the Peninsula Health website at: www.peninsulahealth.org.au Reference Number- 30406.
Alternatively, please call or email and we can refer you to the advertisement.
Phone – 9784 1690
Frankston is 42 km or less than 1 hour drive from the City centre and is the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula. This popular holiday destination has beautiful beaches, calm waters in the bay, surf beaches, wineries, golf courses, etc.
It is a major teaching and referral centre with over 360 beds. The ED has access to a comprehensive range of acute medical, surgical, geriatric, psychiatric, obstetric, gynaecological and paediatric services on site. All the major imaging modalities are on site.
Peninsula Health is affiliated with Monash University Medical School and its vision is to be recognised as an employer of choice and a leader in promoting and providing quality, innovative, coordinated and personalised health service.
The Department of Emergency Medicine
The Emergency Department currently sees over 70,000 patients per annum with 25% paediatric presentations. The admission rate is about 40%, with high acuity presentations.
There are currently 45 consultants working in the Emergency Department across both sites including 3 ACEM examiners.
Peninsula Health Emergency Medicine has a strong educational program and is accredited by ACEM for 2 years of Advance Vocational training at Frankston ED, while Rosebud ED is accredited by ACEM for 6 months. Both EDs are well staffed by FACEMs, Trainees, HMOs and Interns.