6-month position starting 5 August 2019 to 2 February 2020
Registrar Year 1-7, $130,145 to $174,823 pa*
* includes base salary $109,678 to $150,479 pa, professional development allowance of $10,048 pa and 9.50% employer contributed superannuation. Rates as at October 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience a variety of presentations in a rural/country setting with increasing and interesting young presentations as compared to city hospitals. If you believe 'variety is the spice of life', then Kalgoorlie could be the place for you!
Kalgoorlie hospital is a 100-bed inpatient facility and the second largest regional hospital in WA. We have a five-bed high dependence unit next to ED and very supportive admitting inpatients teams including O&G, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Mental Health, General Medicine and Anaesthetics. The Kalgoorlie Hospital services more than 50,000 residents of Kalgoorlie-Boulder as well as many outlying towns, and rural and remote communities in the Goldfields region.
The Emergency Department receives in excess of 25,000 presentations per year of which approximately 35% require admission. Case mix, including acuity and activity, is highly varied with around 60-80 presentations per day. Our patients are younger than many tertiary sites (average age of 30-35 years) with a quarter being children.
Kalgoorlie Hospital provides the opportunity for:
- ACEM advanced 6-month rural and remote term
- Hands-on care for all patients
- Department education, including simulations, airway management, grands rounds, etc
Pre-requisites: The successful applicant will have previous emergency medicine experience and must be registered with the Australian Medical Board, and registered as a trainee with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM)
Applicants are advise to provide the following:
- A covering letter briefly describing your previous experience as well as a statement addressing the selection criteria in the Job Description Form.
- A detailed CV.
For further information, please contact Dr Frances Werner, Director Emergency Medicine, Kalgoorlie Hospital on (08) 9080 5888 or email: [email protected]