Multiple permanent roles available
Belmont District Hospital is looking for a Staff Specialist in Emergency Medicine for the provision of direct patient care and daily clinical supervision and management of our Emergency Department Service.
Belmont Hospital is situated within the beautiful Lake Macquarie area, surrounded by beautiful views, great restaurants, excellent parks, perfect for weekends with family and friends. Just down the road you will find some of the most stunning beaches in NSW to relax and explore plus in close proximity, the bustling city of Newcastle, the Hunter Valley vineyards and surrounding areas.
About our department:
As a Specialist Emergency Physician with us at Belmont District Hospital you will lead the Emergency Department on each clinical shift working alongside the nurse in charge and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Patients admitted to Belmont Hospital through the emergency department present with acute general medical, general cardiology problems, or acute general surgery. Belmont is supported and works closely alongside the John Hunter Hospital as the tertiary referral service for acute specialty services, including paediatric care.
Our Emergency Department is staffed with a small, closely knit group of FACEMs, who work together with the wider emergency nurses and multidisciplinary team to ensure excellent service provision is provided to the Lake Macquarie community.
Our Emergency Department team consists of Consultants, Career Medical Officers, Senior Resident Medical Officers, residents, interns, nursing staff, nurse practitioners, Aged Care Emergency nurses, technical assistants, administration, onsite pathology, Health and Security Assistants.
It is a dynamic team environment which supports all staff through opportunities for education, research, and maintaining a good work/life balance.
We see approximately 29,000 attendances per annum with an admission rate of approximately 14%. There is a strong representation of aged patients at the Belmont ED however the department serves all age groups with around 14% paediatric presentations.
Hunter New England Local Health District offers access to a great range of benefits:
· Fitness Passport
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
· Opportunity to work and collaborate with a range of non-clinical and clinical professionals
Some requirements of the role:
· A primary medical degree registrable with AHPRA and Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
· Demonstrated by recent and comprehensive experience in Emergency Medicine.
· You will be on call overnight for provision of Emergency Medicine care for the Emergency Department
· Provide high quality and compassionate care directly to patient in the Emergency Department and other emergency patients as required
· Provide direct supervision and management of the operations of the Emergency Department
· Provide high quality and efficient Emergency Department service
· Provide clinical leadership and direction to medical staff within the Emergency Department, as required by the directors of those services
· Provide support, advice and direction to junior medical staff undergoing professional training at different levels, Nurse Practitioners, medical students and other health professionals as required
· Have a commitment to patient safety
· Consult with medical and other health professionals
· Assist the ED Coordinator in providing efficient safe patient flow through the Emergency Department
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Australian Government Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW. Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate or international equivalent.
APPLY NOW via REQ329370 I Work for NSW
Closing 31 August 2022
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact:
Dr Tim Arnold, Staff Specialist in Emergency Medicine, Belmont District Hospital
[email protected] or via Administration Ph: 492 32240
Application Enquiries: Stacey Burbridge, HNELHD Senior Medical Recruitment
E: [email protected] Ph: 02 498 53297
Agency applications are NOT accepted