Applicant must be registered as a trainee with ACEM. Position is best suited to advanced trainee in emergency medicine. Offers opportunities to prepare for fellowship examination with thorough fellowship-based education.
Usual structure of work year:
- Six month rotations in combined Ultrasound and Urban District ED– 3 months accredited ultrasound (supervisor Dr Vijay Manivel) , 3 months accredited ED.
- Six month rotations in Anaesthetics/Urban District ED (accredited as Core Critical Care) – 3 months accredited Anaesthetics, 3 months accredited ED.
- Option for one year contract, structured as follows, depending on availability:
- 6 months of fulltime work at Westmead Children’s hospital fulfilling paed log-book requirements.
- 6 months fulltime in Emergency Department.
Other potential options may be discussed inclusive of longer contracts.
All posts are ACEM accredited including paediatric log book PLUS
- Four hours per week paid protected teaching time
- Two days protected non-clinical directly supervised ultrasound training
- Two days protected anaesthetic time supervised 1:1 with consultant anaesthetists
- Enthusiastic FACEMS provide 1:1 teaching
- Tailored fellowship-based teaching program inclusive of practice exam questions and Simulations.
- Competitive salary plus salary sacrifice benefits