Welcome to a world of opportunities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Emergency Director to lead the team at the Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH) Emergency Department.
More than clinical excellence
We appreciate there is more to living well than physical health, so we devote ourselves to seeing the whole person. As well as addressing someone’s physical health, we also care for them emotionally, socially and spiritually. This is reflected in our mission, values and vision for the future.
As the new Director you will lead the Emergency Department to deliver high-quality medical care consistent with the values here at SAH. The successful applicant will be a FACEM with excellent communication skills and be dedicated to ongoing quality improvement. They will have at least 4 years of managerial experience and have the leadership qualities to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams both inside the ED and with the rest of the hospital.
The Emergency Medical staffing consists of fractional FACEMs, contracted ED VMOs, a stable group of CMOs and ED registrars as well as a dedicated, well-respected, DEMT. If you enjoy education, there is ample opportunity to involve yourself in teaching of ED registrars as well as medical students, as the SAN is affiliated with the ANU (Australian National University).
The private ED at SAH has been providing high-quality care for over 26 years. The ED is a mixed adult and paediatric ED with approximately 18000 presentations yearly. It is accredited by the ACEM for 1 year of registrar training and presently has 4 advanced trainees in Emergency Medicine. There is a long established point-of-care ultrasound training program under the direction of Dr Vijay Manivel DDU. This program has taught CCPUs to registrars for over 10 years.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Medical registration with the Medical Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (ACEM) or equivalent.
- Eligible for registration for Medicare provider number.
- Current National Police and Working with Children History Check
- Minimum of 4 years experience leading a team
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary team both inside the ED and across the hospital
- Previous experience in a private emergency care service