Are you looking for your next challenge in emergency medicine?
We’re looking for a Staff Specialist ED FACEM to join a dedicated team delivering acute emergency care at Nepean Blue Mountain Hospital.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills, through direct supervision of all junior medical staff, assessing and delegating tasks as appropriate. In turn, you’ll also be able to add to your own skills, with access to teaching and training opportunities as they arise.
Where you'll be working
The position will be located at Blue Mountains District ANZAC Memorial Hospital.
Located in a picturesque spot just outside Sydney metropolitan area, you’ll enjoy working in a well-equipped hospital with a highly experienced, professional and friendly team. You’ll be living in a location that provides a desirable lifestyle and a real sense of community.
Of course, there’s an attractive salary package on offer, and great options available nearby for schooling for the kids.
- Possess or be eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Possess Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine or equivalent specialist recognition as provided for by the Health Insurance Act, and Evidence of continuing medical education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position;
- Sound clinical knowledge in Emergency Medicine demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities relevant to the specialty;
- High level interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and junior medical staff supervision consistent with contemporary best practice supervision standards;
- Demonstrates the skills and attitudes appropriate for practice as a Senior Medical Practitioner including modelling a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff;
- Fellowship clinical experience. Familiarity with research concepts and commitment to supporting basic, applied or clinical research as required within the Department;
Need more information? Contact Ashlea Harvey - Recruitment Coordinator at [email protected] or phone 0403 106 121
Please reach out for the Position Description
Alternatively, click the apply now button.