Calling Emergency Registrars 2023
Peninsula Health is currently recruiting Emergency Medicine Registrars for June 2022 through to June 2023.
• Ideal opportunity to develop your career
• Mornington Peninsula Location
• Salary Packaging Benefits
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realise this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and looking for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
Peninsula Health Emergency departments are one of the leading Emergency organisations in Victoria, with an innovative model of care, interesting and challenging case mix and high level of Consultant supervision (Senior Medical staff on site 18 hours per day at Frankston, 10 hours/day at Rosebud). Frankston Emergency has recently been awarded ACEMs highest level of accreditation at 24 months, with the network offering access to secondment rotations (including Medicine, ICU and Anaesthetics, Paediatrics, as well as Special skills rotations in Ultrasound and Education).
Peninsula Health has established teaching programs for ACEMs Primary and Fellowship exams, a Simulation medicine teaching program (monthly sessions in conjunction with Anaesthetics, Paediatrics and Intensive Care in the dedicated on site simulation lab), as well as offering supervision for the ACEM Emergency Medicine Certificate and Diplomas. Registrars have ample opportunities for involvement with non clinical activities including clinical audits, Research and Quality Improvement activities.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Services, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
• Under direction, provide appropriate medical care to patients and assist more senior doctors in complex cases.
• Build and expand personal skill levels to ensure that clients receive the best possible service reflecting up to date evidence based professional practice
• Be aware of and work in accordance with organisational policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and relevant legislative requirements.
• Demonstrate positive workplace behaviours and relationships at all times
What You Need
• PGY3 or above
• MBBS or equivalent
• Ability to apply for General, Limited or provisional registration as a Medical Practitioner
• Relevant experience in clinical management
• Sound clinical knowledge, skills and experience in contemporary medical and evidence based practice
• Ability to work as an effective member of an inter disciplinary team
• Minimum of 4 months Emergency experience at PGY2 level
To apply for this position via Seek, please click on 'Apply for this Position' which will re-direct you to our careers page. From our Careers page, to apply or to continue with your application from Seek please click on 'Apply Now' and follow the below steps to finalise your application:
Existing Account Users:
1. Click 'Sign in' and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter
New Account Users:
1. Click 'Register' to create an account
2. Once registered, click 'Sign in' in the top right hand corner
3. Type in the reference number (located at the top of the ad)
4. Re click 'Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter
If you experience any issues signing in or registering to our careers page, please feel welcome to contact our HR Hotline on 03 9784 2700.
If you have any questions specific to the position you are applying for, please feel welcome to contact the hiring manager via the contact details below
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Peninsula Health immunisation policy.
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.