- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- 6 & 12 month contracts
- Responsive leave request process
- Part time fixed shifts can be negotiated
- Relocation allowance can be considered
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading Catholic not-for-profit health care provider, with private and public hospitals, home nursing and Social Outreach services throughout Australia.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Midland Public & Private Hospitals has a total of 367 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients, is conveniently located within one complex, bringing health care closer to home.
We are currently recruiting a Emergency Medicine Registrars to join the team on a full time, fixed term basis,commencing February 2023. Contracts can be offered for 6 - 12 months.
- 48-bedded department which commenced service in November 2015
- 77,000 presentations per year with an admission rate of approximately 30%
- FACEM-lead team-based care
- Excellent, varied case-mix providing a broad clinical experience. This includes Paediatrics (approximately 17 % of presentation), Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Stroke Service.
- Supportive Step-Up Program – for RMOs transitioning to Registrar position
- Accredited for 36 months ACEM training (Tier 1 site)
- Accredited for Training Stage 4 of ACEM training program
- Accredited for 6 month (1.0 FTE) ACEM Medical Education/Simulation Education Special Skills Post Paediatric log book accredited
- Access to non-ED rotations including Anaesthetics, Intensive Care, Paediatrics and General Medicine
- Designated non-clinical FACEMs Monday to Friday 0800-1800 to supervise WBAs
- Weekly one-on-one bedside ultrasound teaching by a certified Sonographer to gain skills in AAA and eFAST and fulfil CCPU requirements
- Robust weekly Registrar Teaching Program dedicated to providing 4 hours protected teaching time
- Multidisciplinary weekly education consisting of Simulation , Journal Club and Mortality & Morbidity meetings
- Supportive teaching programs for candidates sitting their Primary and Fellowship Examinations
- Regular non clinical time to participate in departmental activities
- FACEM supported opportunities to be involved in clinical audits
- Highly valued mentorship program
- Opportunity to attend Midland-based courses including:
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- ALS 2
- Obstetric Emergency Course (MOMs)
- Rockingham Airway and Ventilation Education at Midland (RAVE-M)
- Skills and Updates for Parents in Emergency (SUPER) course
- Local accredited Ultrasound Course
- Bar-ED – Becoming a Registrar Step-Up Course
The successful candidate will have:
- General registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience in an equivalent ED setting
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience.
We can offer you the following:
- Highly competitive salary & conditions
- Great salary packaging options
- A welcoming and supportive culture
- Dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Assistance with Australian work visas (where applicable)
- Unique and competitive overseas relocation assistance offered (if required)
- Opportunities for post-graduate support for your chosen career path and interests
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
All caregivers employed by St John of God Healthcare are required to be vaccinated from Covid-19 in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
For enquiries about this position, kindly email [email protected]
We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies