Staff Specialist Emergency Medicine
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital is seeking an Emergency Medicine Staff Specialist to join the Emergency Department. Reporting to the Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine you will provide clinical management and treatment of MLHD patients.
Where you'll be working
An exciting new chapter has unfolded with the new Wagga Wagga Base Hospital becoming operational in January 2016. As one of the busiest rural referral hospitals in NSW with 300 beds, over 40,000 emergency presentations, 1100 births and approximately 11,000 operations each year. To date more than $14 million of medical equipment has been installed in the new facility.
We can offer you
- A diverse clinical case mix 24% paediatric and O&G.
- A significant amount of trauma and all the acute presentations that made you want to do Emergency Medicine as a career.
- Potential to develop an interest in simulation, ultrasound, trauma, toxicology education or short stay medicine as a senior member of the department.
Wagga Wagga Lifestyle
Known as the hub of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga has recently been recognised as one of the “top family friendly” cities in Australia; boasting a rich range of culture and a wide selection of schools and education options.
To learn more about Wagga Wagga please visit: www.waggawaggaaustralia.com.au/visitor-information/
Like and Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
- Holds Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Emergency Medicine or is an Advanced Trainee in the final 6 months of training approaching Fellowship.
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in Emergency Medicine at the role delineation of the service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Demonstrated commitment to behaviours which align to the NSW Health CORE values and MLHD Values, goals and strategies.